Hotmail Login is the old name of Outlook. However, in 2012 the name Hotmail is changed to outlook. Also, it is Microsoft’s old messaging system which is now updated. The latest version is added with new features to it.
Hotmail Signup Process 2021
Below are the steps to sign up for Hotmail and then log in:
- Open the browser and then type www.hotmail.com.
- When the page opens click on create an account.
- It is on the top right corner or you can go for the sign-up option. If you have a Microsoft account you can do it easily. If not there you can create it.
- While signing up it asks for first name and last name to fill.
- Enter them. Also, it asks for the date of birth, gender, and email address.
- Then, enter the user name that you want to see.
- Later, create a password and for confirmation, you have to enter your phone number along with it.
- If you forget the password by using these you can set a new password.
- Select the nationality. Then, clear the captcha.
- Finally, click on “I agree”. It is to accept all terms and conditions.
After completing signing up now you have to set up your account.
- Click on create an account by clicking on Hotmail sign up.
- Your account gets created over a short period of time.
- Then, once it got created you have to customize it.
- By setting up the profile you can enjoy the features of Hotmail.
- Using this you can send and receive any kind of media files or text files by mail.
ALSO READ – How To Turn OFF Login Password in Windows 10
What is Hotmail or Outlook?
Hotmail is the personal information manager web app. It is from the Microsoft company. The Hotmail phased out in 2011. Also, outlook released in 2012 with Hotmail features. It got phased out because of hackers. They revealed a security flaw that permits anybody to log in using the password “eh”. It is the most widespread security incident in the history of the web. The components of the outlook are mail, calendar, people, and to-do.
Later Windows live Hotmail was introduced. It has more security features in it. Later it got to transition to outlook.com. The existing Hotmail users can upgrade to the preview of outlook and then downgrade it. By 2014 it has 400 million active users using this. The features of outlook are it has security and privacy, offices for the web integration, skype integration, aliases, and lastly keyboard shortcuts. Hotmail provides 50 keyboard shortcuts for users. It is for visual impact.
To-Do is the task management component of Outlook.com introduced during the transition to the Office 365-based infrastructure. It faced a lot of controversies namely popularity with spammers, requests for contact details, Us government surveillance.
The steps to create a Hotmail account and sign up process are clearly mentioned above. Also, the summary of Hotmail or outlook is also explained. As it is used for sending and receiving texts by mail. It is easy to use. Moreover, it is ecofriendly. It can be installed as an app on mobile if required. Hotmail is phased out and outlook with the same features is launched.