If Face Id not working on your phone, then read this article completely. Then you will get an idea of how to resolve that issue on your mobile. By using the Facial recognition feature on your phone it is a very quick process to unlock the mobile.
What is Face ID?
Face ID – Face Identification. It uses a “TrueDepth camera system”. Which consists of sensors, cameras, and a dot projector at the top of the Phone display in the notch. It creates a detailed 3D map of your face.
Fix – Face ID Not Working On iPad or iPhone
Follow the below steps to fix the Face id not working issue on your iPhone or iPad.
- Check whether your phone is updated with the latest version of IOS. If not update it.
- Go to settings—> Face Id and Passcode. Make sure that Face Id is set up. The features you are trying to use Face Id with are turned on.
- Take care that the True Depth camera on your iPhone or iPad isn’t covered with a case or a screen protector.
- Also, check if there is any residue or dirt covering the TrueDepth camera.
- If you are using an iPad with landscape orientation, take care that your finger or palm is not covering the camera. If it is having any dirt, then you might see an alert on the top of the screen. Indicating that “Camera covered” with an arrow pointing at the TrueDepth camera side.
- Make sure that your eyes, nose, and mouth are fully visible to the camera. Face Id doesn’t work if anything is covered to your mouth and nose, like a face mask.
- Face ID works on iPhone only if it is in portrait orientation and you are facing the TrueDepth camera. On iPad, you can use Face Id when your iPad is in any of the orientations.
- Confirm that your device iPhone is within arm’s length or closer to 10-20 inches from your face.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad and enter your passcode. Then try using Face ID again.
We can also set up an alternate appearance. If your looks are more different. Then you can set up an alternate appearance so Face ID still recognizes you. Below is the Process to set the alternate appearance.
- Go to Settings —-> Face ID and Passcode. If asked, enter your passcode.
- Tap “Set Up an Alternate Appearance”.
- Look straight into your iPhone or iPad and then place your face within the frame.
- Gently move your head to complete the circle. If you are unable to move your head, then tap Accessibility options.
- Then, finish the first Face Id scan.
- Tap Continue and slowly, move your head to finish the circle for the second time.
- When Face ID setup is complete, tap Done.
If it gets worked out then it’s fine. Otherwise, we will reset the face ID.
- Go to Settings —-> Face ID and Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Next, tap “Face ID” again to set it up.
- If you are unable to enroll your face, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider or contact Apple Support.