iTunes is that the consumer app for the iTunes store from Apple. Also, it’s an integral part of the Apple ecosystem. The app permits users to buy and manage digital media on their personal computers and also mobile devices. Google Chromebooks are devices that run on the Chrome Operating Systems, and due to that very reason, these devices remain smooth for a lifetime.
Chromebook is similar to that of a Laptop. however, it works with the Linux-based Chrome OS. The Chromebooks released in 2017 will run Android Apps. Also, some of the Chromebooks run Linux apps. The first Chromebooks is been sold, by companies Acer and Samsung. They began shipping on June 15, 2011. A desktop version, called Chromebox was introduced in May 2012, by Samsung. It even enables developer mode and allows the installation of Linux distributions.
Chromebook comes with many built-in apps. Namely local music player, photo editor, PDF, and also a Microsoft Office document viewer that are functional without Internet access. Except for the first three, all Chromebooks, boot with the help of Coreboot, a fast-booting BIOS.
HP released the most recent Chromebook. The version name is “HP Chromebook x360 14c”. The Price value is around 40,000INR. It’s been updated with 11th-generation Intel Core processors even. There are different types of Chromebooks for school and also for Business.
iTunes is a Media Player, Internet radio broadcaster, and mobile device management utility. It is also the client app for the iTunes Store, developed by Apple. The company has expanded on the core features with support for digital video, podcasts, e-books, and mobile apps purchased from the iOS App Store.
The iTunes Music Store permits users to buy and download songs, with 200,000 tracks available at launch. In the first week, users bought more than one million songs. Then the company announced to launch the “iTunes U” via the iTunes Store, which will deliver university lectures from top U.S. colleges.
How to Access Your iTunes Music on a Chromebook?
- On your “Chromebook”, navigate to the YouTube Music app.
- Then opt for Library.
- On the Songs tab, choose YouTube Music —> Uploads.
- Now you can access and play any songs from your uploaded “iTunes“.
How To Listen iTunes on Chromebook?
As we all know that iTunes isn’t officially supported on Chromebooks. There are two ways to play and listen to iTunes on Chromebook.
Firstly, we need to set up
- Valid accounts for YouTube Music and also for iTunes.
- Chromebook with a good Internet Connection.
To install iTunes on Chromebook, we are going to use the Wine app. It might be familiar if you have used Linux. Wine App can now be installed on a Chromebook.
Steps to be followed to install the Wine app:
- Open Settings and search for Linux(beta) tab. Then, click “Turn on” to activate the Linux(beta) feature.
- The Terminal window will be opened, otherwise, you can manually launch it from the applications menu.
- Type within the command to update the out-of-date Linux packages, “sudo apt-get update“.
- Run the command to install Wine App, “sudo apt-get install Wine”.
- Once the installation is complete, run the below commands one at a time to enable support for 32-bit applications.
“sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
sudo apt update
sudo apt-get install wine32″.
Steps to install iTunes on Chromebook:
- After the above steps, Now we should download the 32-bit installer of iTunes.
- Send the downloaded “.exe” file to the “Linux Files” directory. We can also rename it at our convenience.
- Run the following command. <username> and <filename>, also replace the username and filename with our renamed names.
“sudo apt update
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/<username>/.wine32/ wine <filename>.exe“
- Whatever the instructions are seen on-screen follow them. If everything went right. Now, we can install “iTunes” from the Linux apps within the Applications menu.
Make sure you should install YouTube Music on your Chromebook, if not follow these steps.
- Search app YouTube Music on your Chromebook’s browser.
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner and then click on Install YouTube Music.
- Also, click Install on the confirmation prompt.