Voting is a right for every citizen of the country who is 18 years of age and above. There is a voting list generated by the government. A person can only vote if his/her name appears in the voter list. The voter list is available on Polling Booths, Contesting candidates. Also, the details are available on identity cards and EVM machines. In this article, we read about How to vote #India
How To Find Your Eligibility To Vote
As informed earlier you can only vote if your name appears in the Voter List. Please find below the ways through which you can find your eligibility.
- SMS <ECI> space <EPIC No> to 1950 (EPIC stands for Electors Photo Identity Card also commonly known as a Voter ID card). Example – If your EPIC is 12345678 then SMS ECI 12345678 to 1950
- Calling the Voter Helpline 1950 (please add your STD code before dialing)
- Download Voter Helpline App
- Logging on to electoral search.in
Procedure on How To Find Polling Booth
To cast a vote you need to visit your voting center also known as a polling booth. The list of voters where your name is mentioned also has the polling booth details. you can find your polling booth details by following,
- Voters can go to electoralsearch.in or use Voter Helpline App to find their polling booth
- Voters can call the Voter Helpline, the number is 1950 (please add your STD code before dialing)
- For Polling station location SMS <ECIPS> space <EPIC No> to 1950
How To Vote
After finding your name and polling booth the next step remains to visit the center and cast your vote. Below is the procedure at a polling booth.
- First polling official will check your name on the voter list and check your ID proof
- Second polling official will ink your finger, give you a slip and take your signature on a register (Form 17A)
- You will have to deposit the slip at the third polling official and show your inked finger and then proceed to the polling booth
- Record your vote by pressing the ballot button opposite the symbol of the candidate of your choice on the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM); You will hear a beep sound
- Check the slip that appears in the transparent window of the VVPAT machine. The slip with the Candidate serial No., Name and Symbol shall be visible for 7 seconds before it drops in the sealed VVPAT box
- You can press NOTA, None of the Above if you don’t like any candidate; it’s the last button on the EVM
- For more information, please see the Voter Guide on http://ecisveep.nic.in/
So above you can find the complete information about How to vote #India. Below are some important points to remember
- Carry a government recognized identity card like Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Employee Card if the person is in civil services, Pan Card, Aadhar Card. The voter has to carry Any 1 card.
- Mobile phones, cameras or any other gadget is not allowed inside a polling booth.
So as per the above detail you now know How to vote #India and what steps need to be followed.