Instagram Notification Not working issue can be solved. However, you know that Instagram is one of the famous social media apps. Sometimes Instagram faces some bugs. There may be different reasons to not get any notification.
Fix Instagram Notification Not working 2021
To fix the issue there are some methods. Notification is nothing but alerting people.
Method 1: Using Settings App
Below are the steps to fix the issue:
- Firstly, open the “Settings” app on your mobile.
- Then, click “Apps and Notifications”.
- There you select “Manage Apps” or “App info”. The list of applications gets displayed.
- Check for the “Instagram” app and then click on it.
- Now, you tap on “Notifications”.
- The different categories related to the Instagram app get displayed here. Whatever category you think to enable then enable it.
- After doing it on your phone’s settings now go for the Instagram app and open it.
- Click on the “profile” button. Which is at the right bottom of the screen.
- Then, tap on the “Menu” icon and click on the “Settings” option.
- Now, you click on “Notifications”. Check the categories and then, enable the one you want.
- In this way, one can fix the notification issue on the app.
Method 2: Clearing Cache
Sometimes a large amount of cache and data gets stored. This may be one of the reasons for not getting notifications on this application. Following are the steps to clear them and enable notifications:
- Open the “Settings” app and then tap on “Apps” or “Apps and Notifications”(according to your mobile).
- Then, click on the Instagram application.
- Now, tap on “Storage” and then click on the “Clear cache” button.
- If there is any cache then it will get cleared.
- The Instagram app gets notifications like before.
Method 3: Update the app
Check whether you are using the latest version or not. If it’s the latest version it’s okay. However, if you are not using the latest version then update the application. This may help you to fix the issue. Both Android and ios users can update their applications. After updating check if that issue got fixed or not. If it’s fixed okay if not go for another method.
Method 4: Using power-saving mode
Normally applications run in the background to push the notifications. The Instagram app does not receive any notification if the mobile is in sleep mode. Below are the steps to fix the issue:
- Firstly, open “settings” on your mobile.
- Then, locate “Battery optimization”. Click on it.
- On that menu tap on the option to view all applications.
- Check for the Instagram app and set it to “Not Optimised”.
- After completing this go to “Battery” on the settings app.
- Then, tap on “Power saving mode” or “Low Power Mode” and turn it off.
- This is also one of the methods to fix the notifications on the Instagram app.
Method 5: Update your Mobile
Some of the updates on mobile get ignored often. So, go to your phone’s settings. Then, locate the system update or software update and then tap on it. The system on the mobile gets updated. Using this method also one can fix the issue of the notifications. If the update is asking for any programs to install then make sure that you install them on your device.
About Instagram Notifications
Notifications get displayed on the screen. If any person updates the story, or if anyone like or comment. Moreover, if any person you are following is going live it sends notifications to you. If there is a problem with not getting notifications then you can consider this as a major problem.
Every time you cannot take mobile and scroll Instagram to check the likes, comments on your post. Also, as people are leading busy life they cannot spend more time checking who messaged you what are the stories, and more. There should be a fix or solution to that problem.
Instagram Notification Not working issue can be solved. Above mentioned methods can be used to fix the issue. Also about Instagram notifications are also given here. Follow step by step carefully to get the problem solved.
ALSO READ – How To Turn On And Off Instagram Notifications For Posts?