AirDrop Not Working on your iPhone or iPad. Then, to fix the issue this article will be helpful. Most people use this for transferring photos, videos, and other documents from one iPhone or iPad to another iPhone or iPad.
What is AirDrop?
An AirDrop is a software that can transfer files and other media in between two apple devices. The protocol of MacOs is different from the protocol of iOS. Also, you can transfer files from iOS to Mac. The Bluetooth and wifi must be on while the transfer is taking place. if wi-fi is not available then airdrop uses a cellular network. You can recover deleted files from ios.
How To Fix AirDrop Not working Problem?
Below are the steps to fix the airdrop not working problem:
- Firstly, check whether the Bluetooth connection is on or off condition.
- If it is in off position turn it on.
- Next, go to the “settings” app, then to “General”.
- Here you can see “AirDrop”. Under that, there is three option namely: Receiving Off, Contacts only, Everyone. Select any of these options.
- If you select “Everyone” in this device then, make sure that the other device also selects “everyone” in the airdrop section.
- Also, if they are far apart then bring them closure to transfer files.
- In this way, you can fix the airdrop not working issue.
Using this method also you can fix the issue
- You should reset network settings.
- For this go to the “settings” app. Then tap on “General”.
- Click on “Reset” and then tap on “Reset network settings”.
- If there is any wi-fi connectivity problem it will be solved.
- If it doesn’t get worked out. Still, if there is a problem with the airdrop you can restart the wi-fi and Bluetooth.
- Open the wi-fi option on your iPhone or iPad. If it is in on position then turn it off and again on it. In this way, you can restart your wi-fi connectivity.
- Same as above you can restart the Bluetooth connection on your device and another device also.
This method also one of the fixing methods. You can use this even
- There will be iCloud on iOS devices.
- Re-sign in iCloud. you can do this instead of restarting the Bluetooth and wi-fi connection.
- Now, open the “settings” app. Here you can see your name click on it. Automatically, the iCloud gets opened.
- Sign out from iCloud and sign in again.
- If it also, doesn’t get worked restart your device.
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons simultaneously. Then it restarts the device.
- Also, you can use the latest version of iOS to fix the airdrop not working problem.
Can Mac use AirDrop?
Airdrop is compatible with the following mac devices:
- From MacBook Pro 2008 version to the newer version. You can transfer files and images using this software.
- The 2010 version from MacBook Air to the latest version of the iOS device can transfer files.
- Airdrop can compatible run with iOS7 and later versions.
- Mac uses airdrop for transferring files to iOS. You can edit Memoji on iPhone and iPad.
Three methods for fixing the airdrop issue are given here. Using any one of the methods the issue gets solved. By fixing you can easily transfer files in between two apple devices. Also, this can be used on Mac devices. You can use Airdrop on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.