First of all, if you’ve got any personal computer or laptop, you want to know the importance of RAM within the system. Sometimes, we buy a system with an occasional RAM then we realize that we’d buy a better version of the laptop or computing system . But, if you’ve got only a RAM issue, we are getting to solve it together with your current PC or Laptop. So, we are here to guide you on the way to increase RAM. In this article, you’ll find details about the way to Upgrade RAM On Laptop.
What is RAM?
Random Access Memory or Ram is Physical hardware which used inside a Computer system that stores temporary data located on the motherboard. The main work of a RAM is to provide fast read and write access to a storage device. RAM is also beneficial to load data fastly in comparison to a hard drive and external hard drive case. Ram is volatile, which means if the power goes off then the stored information is lost.
How to Check The RAM Configuration Of your Computer
There are many methods from which you’ll check your current Ram slot ar used or what proportion it’s empty.
- Open task manager ( press Windows Key from keyboard and type “Task Manager” and press enter or you can easily open Task Manager by shortcut keys (Ctrl + Shift + Esc key)
- Select the ” Performance ” tab. on the left side, click on Memory.
- Now there are many information associated with your system, therein you’ll see information about your RAM, check “Slot Used” 1 of 4, 2 of 4. where 4 is your maximum no. of a slot.
- Visit Google.com and search Speccy or just visit the Speccy site.
- Now simply download and install the application.
- In the dashboard you’ll see many options is there, just click n RAM category
- There you can see all the available details which you want to know: Total slots, used slots, Free slots.
- Now you can decide how much of RAM stick You want.
Upgrade a Laptop RAM
Firstly, this is very easy to check that you can upgrade your RAM or not. You can find it through your motherboard details on the web otherwise you can download the Crucial System Scanner tool. You just have to download the tool and the testing process will start in the browser automatically. Whereas, this tool gives you full information on your RAM i.e how much ram is currently used in a system, how much slots are present, how much you can upgrade at one place.
How to choose RAM?
Choosing a far better RAM while upgrading your system remains a difficult task, you’ve got to try to do a comparison between the simplest RAM available on the market. Firstly, you want to know for what purpose you upgrading your RAM Gaming, Bulky Software or etc because every sort of RAM has its own importance. Nowadays the foremost common memory is DDR4 which is a complicated version of SDRAM which transfers double data as compared to DDR3 SDRAM.
How To Upgrade RAM on Laptop?
- Firstly pack up your computer as you are doing regularly.
- Unplug all the cable or Ethernet cable because it is now the use of these cables.
- Now Remove the battery if the battery is above panel Like the below image. or if it is attached to the panel then remove all the screws and put them in one place.
- Check the Ram where it is located (see image below) now remove the clamps carefully which is attached to the RAM after releasing the clamps RAM will Pop up automatically at the 45° angle and kept the old RAM at one side.
- Now take your new RAM carefully and make sure you touch only the grip of the stick and at the 45° angle put it at the same place as the old one.
- Once you insert the RAM correctly clamps will automatically lock the ram.
- Now the RAM is installed successfully.
These are the details about how to Upgrade RAM On Laptop. If you’ve got the other method that you simply would really like to feature up within the above list then you’ll be happy to drop it within the comment section below in this article.